Thursday, September 8, 2011

I'm like a rock star!

Yeah, I got an encore request today.  For reals, y'all.  Update on the job stuff:  I am currently somewhere in the process of 4 jobs.  The perm job was supposed to have made an offer by the end of last week.  I'm gonnna go ahead and guess that the offer was not made to me.  Two are HIGH paying contracts, but I haven't gotten any feedback on either.  #1 wanted someone to start today and I had another company call about it after I'd been subbed.  Generally, this means they don't like my resume and are still looking but couldn't be bothered to tell my recruiter that they are not interested.  #2 is stalling.  Word is that at least one person involved in the decision is on vacay this week.  Last but not least is a decent paying contract I was subbed for today.  This sounds like the best set up of all three and has a decent chance of going perm.  Basically, I am all good with the Job Opportunity gods right now, but not so much with the Actually Getting Hired gods.  While I would love to get a HIGH paying job, like way high, like LOTS OF MONIES, I would settle for adequate and full time.  I'm going to try to sneak in 40 hours at my current "part-time" job this week.  That might get derailed by interviews, though.  It's a roller coaster folks, but I am glad to be riding.  No matter how stressful it gets, I just remember that last year at this time I felt stuck in a job I hated with no future.  This year I am making more money for less work AND going to school so I can has career in a year or so.  Even when I worry about the bills getting paid I still know that I made the right decision to go temp.  School is most important.  The jobs I have now are a means to an end;  that end being the career I am studying for.  In a year or two I will be happily doing a job that I studied and worked hard to get, beginning the career that will hopefully last the rest of my working life and wondering why I worried so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you reading this? Seriously? Say something!